Xiaomi has confirmed the launch of its flagship Mi 10 5G smartphone in India on March 31st. This launch will be the follow-up to their Global launch that has been scheduled for 27th March.
The phone will the first one in the Indian market to come with that crazy 108MP camera sensor and will also mark Xiaomi’s entry back into the flagship territory. Apart from this, the Mi 10 packs all the greatest hardware that you could find right now, right from the 90Hz refresh rate AMOLED display to Snapdragon 865 SoC.
Xiaomi India head, Manu Kumar Jain recently said that the company is importing the phone, recent GST hike and depreciating rupee value it will be costly compared to the China price, which starts at 3999 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 42,385 approx.).
Now we are picking up the chatter from our sources, which is quoting a starting price of INR 47,990. At first, this price might feel exorbitant and doesn’t goes with Xiaomi’s pricing model, but we should note that this is a 5G handset and is being imported from China as a CBU. This price can also be believed when looking at the Pre-order cashback that the brand will be giving at the time launch.
You can pre-order the phone on Amazon from March 31st, 3PM till April 7th, 11:59PM, and with Axis Bank Credit Cards and EMI you get Rs. 2,500 discount and Axis Bank Debit Cards and EMI get Rs. 2000 discount.
Xiaomi Mi 10 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate
- 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4780mAh battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging 10w wireless reverse charging
We should know the price of the phone when it goes official later this month.