LinkedIn has announced a new Job Seeker research to discuss how job seekers in India are overcoming the challenges of finding a job today. And also, on how they are leaning on their communities to find new career opportunities in 2021.
They have launched the 2021 ‘Jobs on the Rise’ India list to empower professionals with critical insights about the dynamic jobs landscape. Especially helpful for those who may have lost their jobs during the pandemic.
Speaking on the launch of this year’s ‘Jobs on the Rise’ India list, Ruchee Anand, Director – Talent & Learning Solutions, India at LinkedIn commented, ”This year’s Jobs on the Rise India list is a reflection of how the work ecosystem and the jobs market rapidly changed in 2020. Digital transformation has continued to drive all industries, and both, tech and non-tech roles have shifted to meet the needs of a new collaborative, remote work culture. The List shows us that audience builders and content creators are key to brands, HR continues to be at the heart of all operations, user and customer experience are critical in the new online world of service, and emerging tech, especially ed-tech, continues to boom.”
The list looks at 15 fastest-growing career opportunities that have seen the highest year-on-year growth rates in hiring based on LinkedIn data for the time frame of April to October 2020. This year, LinkedIn’s Economic Graph data scientists looked across 15,000+ job titles to uncover the jobs that have grown the most compared to 2019 levels, those titles were then grouped into 15 career trends that capture as many as 25 job titles within each category.
The Top 15 career trends as per the Jobs on the Rise 2021 India list are as follows:
- Freelance content creators (Podcaster, Creative writer, Youtuber)
- Social Media and digital marketing roles (Social Media Marketing Manager, Social Media Strategist, Growth Hacker)
- Marketing roles (Brand Associate, Affiliate Marketing Specialist, Networking Marketing Specialist)
- Business Development and Sales roles (Business Development Associate, Sales Team Lead, Strategic Advisor)
- Specialized Engineering roles (Network Expert, Software Engineering Specialist, Back End Developer)
- Finance roles (Equity Trader, Regulatory Compliance Analyst, Treasurer)
- Education roles (Academic Advisor, Admissions Officer, Curriculum Developer)
- Artificial Intelligence roles (Machine Learning Specialist, Artificial Intelligence Specialist, Machine Learning Engineer)
- E-commerce roles (Online Specialist, eCommerce Coordinator)
- Cybersecurity roles (Security Researcher, Cybersecurity Specialist)
- Data science roles (Data Science Specialist, Analytics Consultant, Data Analyst)
- Healthcare roles (Medical Officer, Psychologist)
- Human resources roles (Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Coordinator)
- User experience designer roles (User Experience Designer, User Interface Designer)
- Customer service roles (Customer Service Specialist)