Facebook is one of the most popular social networking websites in the world. Over the years, Facebook is trying to improve its users’ security by adding new features and the latest one to make headlines is Facebook Protect. So, in case you are wondering what is Facebook Protect and how you can activate it on your account, you are at the right place as here we have explained just that!
What is Facebook Protect?
Facebook Protect has been created to provide an added layer of security to accounts that have the potential to reach a lot of people and might fall in the high-target section. Facebook officially said, “As part of our ongoing improvements to security, we’re expanding Facebook Protect, a program designed for people that are likely to be highly targeted by malicious hackers, including human rights defenders, journalists, and government officials.”
How to activate Facebook Protect on your account?
Here’s how the high-risk accounts can activate Facebook Protect on their accounts:
- Step 1: Click Account in the top right corner of the Facebook app or desktop version.
- Step 2: Click on Settings and Privacy, and then click on Setting.
- Step 3: Click on the Security and Login option.
- Step 4: Under the Facebook Protect option, tap to get started.
- Step 5: On the welcome screen, click on the next option.
- Step 6: On the Facebook Protect benefits screen, click on the next option.
- Step 7: Facebook will scan your account for all potential security issues and suggest you make changes, if any, to protect your account.
- Step 8: Finally, click on the Fix Now option and follow all instructions to protect your account and it’s done.
So, now you know all about Facebook Protect and how to activate it on your account. Have you tried it on your account? Do let us know in the comments section below. Also, you can connect with us on our social media platforms, The Unbiased Blog, The Automotive Blog, and Nikhil Chawla, for all things tech and auto!