Xiaomi has announced its latest flagship smartphone in China today. The Xiaomi Mi 9 is the successor to the Mi 8 which was launched last year. The Mi 9 is one of the first smartphones to pack in the latest Snapdragon 855 chipset. The company will be showcasing the device at the MWC 2019 later this week. Xiaomi has also announced Transparent Edition which comes with a slightly better 48MP camera in collaboration with Alita: Battle Angel. Also, it comes with a transparent glass back, which looks fantastic.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 comes with a pretty big 6.39-inch FullHD+ super AMOLED display(2280 X 1080p), Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection with HDR display support. It is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 855 7nm processor clocking at 2.84GHz along with Adreno 640 GPU. The device comes with a 20% performance Improvement and 25% energy efficiency improvement compared to the previous gen and also it comes with the 4th generation AI engine offering 3x AI performance. It comes in three variants – 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB and 12GB+256GB (Transparent Edition). The Mi 9 is running on Android 9.0 Pie based on MIUI 10.
In the camera department, the Mi 9 packs in a triple rear camera setup- 48MP+16MP+12MP with the main 48MP rear sensor being a Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF, a 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and a 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2x optical zoom. The device houses a 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. Mi 9 comes with an In-display fingerprint scanner at the front. To power all the internals, the smartphone packs in a 3300mAH battery with 27W fast charging capabilities along with support for 20W wireless charging. Also, the device doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specifications
- 6.39-inch FullHD+ super AMOLED display(2280 X 1080p) with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, HDR display support
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Processor, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB Internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- 48MP(f/1.7)+16MP(f/2.2)+12MP(f2.2) Triple rear cameras
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3300mAh battery with 27W Quick Charge and Wireless charging support, USB type-c port
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Dual band wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC,
- Thickness: 7.61mm and weight: 173gms
Pricing and Availability
- Mi 9 6GB+128GB is priced at 2999 yuan (INR 31,723 approx.)
- Mi 9 8GB+128GB is priced at 3299 yuan (INR 34,897 approx.)
- Mi 9 Transparent Edition 12GB+256GB is priced at 3999 yuan (INR 42,301 approx.)
The smartphone will go on sale on February 26th in China.
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.