Google has finally and officially launched two of its YouTube services here in India today. The YouTube Music and YouTube Premium now services are now available in India. This launch comes just after Spotify entered the Indian shores a couple of weeks ago. Google also took quite some time to officially bring the Play Music to India in the past and was made available in April 2017.
YouTube Music is a music app with the magic of YouTube and it will come with a huge collection of more than 2 million artists and making the world of music easier to explore and more personalized than ever to users in India. The days of jumping back and forth between multiple music apps and YouTube are over. Whether you want to listen, watch or discover, it’s all here, in one app. The app is made for official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus YouTube’s tremendous catalog of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you may not be able to find anywhere else – all simply organized and personalized. For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.
YouTube Music is ad-free, but with YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that allows you to play a YouTube music video in the background while you toggle between apps along with offline downloads and an ad-free experience for INR 99 a month. If you are a Google Play Music subscriber, you get YouTube Music Premium membership as part of your subscription each month. As a part of the introductory offer, users can avail 3 months free YouTube Music Premium subscription. After the trial period ends, users will be charged INR 99 per month.
- Music videos, official songs, albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers all at one place
- Recommendations based on the music played before and what the listener is doing
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood, activity, or language
- Smart search – if you can’t remember what the song, try “That rap song with flute”? or you can also search by lyrics
- YouTube Music will keep updated on what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world are right there, on their dedicated Hotlist screen.
- Download your favorite tracks
- 3-months free trial, INR 99/month later.
- Family Plan – 1-month free trial, INR 149/month later(up to 6 members)
YouTube Premium includes ad-free, background and offline play across all of YouTube, as well as access to YouTube Originals including Cobra Kai, BTS: Burn The Stage. But because it includes our brand new YouTube Music service, the price will be INR 129 for all new members. Also, Samsung Galaxy S10 customers can enjoy 4 months of free, uninterrupted access to YouTube Premium, which includes access to YouTube Music.
How to get YouTube Premium
- Open YouTube App
- Click on your profile photo(Right Top)
- Select “Get YouTube Premium”
- Extend your free trial(3 months, INR 129/month after trail) or get Family Plan(1-month free trial, INR 189/month after the trail, up to 6 members)
Note: These services not showing up for many users, it may take up a few hours.