LG has announced LG G8X ThinQ at the IFA 2019 in Berlin. Also, the company announced an improved LG Dual Screen. Both the LG G8X ThinQ and LG Dual Screen are designed to create a whole new way to multitask, enjoy content and socialize on mobile.
The LG8X ThinQ flaunts a 6.4-inch 19.5:9 FHD+(2,340 x 1,080) OLED FullVision display with HDR10 support. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU. It is loaded with 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage with microSD support up to 2TB. The device is running on Android 9.0 Pie and is packed with a 4,000mAH battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support via USB Type-C port.
On the camera front, the smartphone features a 12MP (f/1.8, 1.4μm, 78˚) + 13MP Super Wide (f/2.4, 1.0μm, 136˚ FoV) AI Dual CAM and a 32MP front-facing camera with f/1.9, 0.8μm, 79˚ FoV. Some of the camera features include Reflector Mode, AI Action Shot, 1/480 of a second to keep subjects fully in focus, 4K Time Lapse, LG Steady Cam. Also, for the first time, switching between front and rear cameras while recording video is possible on the LG G8X ThinQ.
Other features include an In-Display Fingerprint Sensor, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, NFC, Stereo Speaker, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, FM Radio, IP68 Water and Dust Resistance, and MIL-STD 810G compliance.
LG G8X ThinQ Specifications
- 6.4-inch 19.5:9 FHD+(2,340 x 1,080) OLED FullVision display, HDR10
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, microSD support up to 2TB
- 12MP (f/1.8, 1.4μm, 78˚) + 13MP Super Wide (f/2.4, 1.0μm, 136˚ FoV) AI Dual CAM
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/1.9, 0.8μm, 79˚ FoV
- 4,000mAH battery, USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Compatible), Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Android 9.0 Pie
- In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, NFC
- Stereo Speaker, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, FM Radio
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance
- Dimension: 159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 192g
- Color: Aurora Black
LG Dual Screen
Connecting the phone to the Dual Screen is now achieved via USB instead of Pogo Pins, the LG G8X ThinQ features an improved user interface with a cleaner design, refreshed icons and tabs such as Dial, Call logs, and Contacts moving to the bottom of the display so that users can get even more done with only one hand.
This handy extra display lets users check the time, date, battery charge, notifications, and other useful information without opening the Dual Screen. The new Dual Screen adopts a new 360 Freestop Hinge to allow for viewing at any angle, just like a laptop.
LG Dual Screen Specifications
- 6.4-inch 19.5:9 FHD+ (2,340 x 1,080p) OLED FullVision
- Cover Display: 2.1-inch Mono
- Contact Type: USB
Folding Type: 360 Freestop Hinge
- Dimension: 165.96 x 84.63 x 14.99mm
- Weight: 134g
- Color: Aurora Black
There is no word on the pricing yet.