WhatsApp has finally been redesigned for iOS 7 after getting an update that adds a number of other new features and tweaks.
Apart from the new layout, the app lets users send broadcast messages to specific lists — allowing them to reach specific work colleagues, friends, other people with a single status update message.
Changes to the app also include new notification sounds, larger thumbnail images, the option to crop images before sharing them, and more.
For a complete list of changes read the changelog below:
– new iOS 7 User Interface
– broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
– improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
– large thumbs: see more
– new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
– application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
– new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
– crop image before sending
Most important: Now you can backup your WhatsApp conversations into iCloud. Simply visit WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and click on ‘Back Up Now’