Today saw the advent of Android One in India. The first lot of Android One-branded budget-priced “high quality” smartphones were launched by 3 Indian smartphone manufacturers namely Micromax, Karbonn and Spice. What’s interesting here is that all 3 smartphone makers tied up with India’s 3 biggest ecommerce site for an exclusive launch.
That says a lot about the changing trends of the Indian buyers, where hands-on of the product was very important before buying a product. Henceforth, I won’t mark this day as just the launch of Google Android One, but the day Indian e-commerce industry took a competitive plunge.
Here is a list of Android One devices launched on their exclusive e-commerce partners today:
1) Micromax Canvas A1 on Amazon –
Micromax Canvas A1 is the first Android One device to go out of stock already.
The device launched on Amazon as an exclusive, was listed for Rs. with exclusive launch day offers:
- Free Strontium 8GB MicroSDHC Memory Card
- 10% Cash Back on State Bank Debit & Credit cards.
- For Airtel users, free software upgrades and app downloads for 6 months.
- Up to Rs. 10,000 in Amazon.in Gift Cards for lucky customers, ends September 21st. Winners to be announced on October 1st
Talking about the specs of the device:
Also Read: Android One – All you need to know!
2) Karbonn Sparkle V on Snapdeal –
The Karbonn Sparkle V comes in 4 colours – Black, White, Red and Blue.
The launch day offers on Snapdeal for Karbonn Sparkle V included:
- Free 8GB Memory Card
- Airtel Offer: Free Software Upgrades & App Downloads.
- Free Snapdeal Coupons Worth Rs 2,000 (Valid Up To 2 Months)
- Free Recharge Worth Rs 200 From FreeCharge (2 Codes Worth Rs 100 each)
3) Spice Dream Uno on Flipkart –
- On your purchase of Spice Dream Uno Android One phone get Rs. 200 recharge from Freecharge
- Free screenguard in the box
- Free preselected eBooks worth Rs 1000 on downloading the Free Flipkart eBooks App
- Rs.1,500 Myntra App exclusive offer for Spice Android One phone
- Flat 50% off on Spice Dream Uno flipcovers
- Free Sandisk 8GB memory card with this product
So these were the 3 superheros of the Android One stable launched today. Google confirmed that Lenovo, Acer, HTC, Asus, Panasonic and Alcatel had recently joined the programme along with the chipmaker Qualcomm, all of which would launch devices at a later point.
That said Google would play a “huge role” in helping offer Android to the “next four billion users”.