The Indian smartphone market has seen a lot of smartphones launching in the first 4 months of 2016. But what is about to happen in the month of May will be no less than a Mayhem in the Indian smartphone market. As of now we have received invites or ‘block your date’ mails from most of the smartphone makers in this list. So let’s go ahead and check out what all smartphone’s are launching next month –
One Plus 3
OnePlus’s next Flagship is one of the most anticipated smartphones of 2016. Upcoming smartphone from OnePlus is code named as “Rain Rain”. The device as suggested by leaks in Geekbench shows us the device will be powered by Snapdragon 820 processor and it is surprise that the leak suggest the device is a 5″ FHD screen which is less than One Plus One and Two’s 5.5″ display.
The storage options are 3GB + 32GB, 6GB + 64GB and 4GB + 128GB. The leaks also mention features such as NFC and fast charging which was missing in OP2. Also camera will be 16MP and 8MP as the leaks suggest. We expect this device to be launched in second half of May. The price should be around 25k.
Just today Motorola sent out invite to us for 17th may event which will be held in New Delhi. Invite doesn’t reveal any details, But we can expect 2 new smartphones from Moto on that day, Moto G 4th gen and Moto G 4 plus. Moto G 3rd gen was launched in July last year.
The Moto G4 Plus is expected to have a fingerprint sensor on the home button but the Moto G4 may not come with a fingerprint sensor. Both devices are expected to come with 5.5″ display and 16GB storage with android Marshmallow out-of-the-box. Both are expected to feature a 16-megapixel rear camera.
HTC’s latest flagship was launched early this month and will be coming to India. Also few days ago HTC confirmed that India will be getting a Global variant which will be powered by snapdragon 820 processor instead of 652. The specs are as follows.
- 5.2 inch QHD(2k) display
- Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64GB ROM + 2TB via sd card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Sense UI
- 12MP rear camera with laser AF, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture 5MP front camera with AF (OIS), f/1.8 aperture
- 3000mAh battery with Quick charge support
- USB Type-C port, Fingerprint sensor, NFC, BT 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, Dolby Audio, 3 microphones with noise cancellation.
The device is expected to be priced around Rs. 48,000 when it launches in India.
Meizu M3 Note
Meizu announced M3 note in China earlier this month. And couple of days ago we received an invite for a Meizu event, so we can expect M3 note to be launched at that event.
Meizu m3 note specifications
- 5.5″ Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor and Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GBRAM with 32GB storage + up to 128GB with microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Flyme OS 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM slot (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Thickness:8.3mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE with voLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, BT 4.1, GPS
- 4100mAh battery
The device is expected to launch in India for a price of INR 10,000 to 12,000, considering their China pricing of 799 yuan (Rs. 8,220) for 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and 999 yuan ( Rs. 10,280) for the 3GBRAM with 32GB storage.
Robin by Nextbit is the first Android Smartphone to bring cloud-first on a smartphone. It was announced in US market last September and now finally Robin will be making its way to India this May. (Read more here).
NextBit Robin Key features:
- 5.2″ Full HD IPS display
- Hexa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage/ 100 GB cloud storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF and dual-tone flash
- 2,680 mAh battery with quick charging
- 5MP front facing camera
- USB Port-C port
- 7mm thin
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC
The device is expected to be launched soon in may at price of around Rs. 25,000.
Le Eco Le 2, Le 2 Pro and Le Max 2
LeEco is holding an event on May 3rd in Mumbai, not sure whether LeEco is going to be announcing all 3 smartphones that they launched in China earlier this month. But we can expect at least one of the the 3 to be announced along with some other products at the event. All these smartphone comes with out a 3.5mm jack, hence to listen to music or call via headset you have to use USB type C earphones. Take a look at the details of all 3 smartphone here.
There is no news about this device launch in India, but we are expecting the launch of this top end phone in last week of May or in June. The LG G5 is a modular phone which features a removable 3000mAh battery and add on components such as a Camera and a Bang & Olufsen DAC for even better audio quality. The device is powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM. It features a 16MP and 8MP camera setup.
LG G5 Full specs
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD always-on display, 3D Arc Glass
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM,
- 32GB ROM plus expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- 16MP Rear camera with laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording support
- 8MP Front rear camera with 135-degree wide-angle lens
- 2800mAh (removable) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- 8.6mm thick and 159g Weight
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
Lenovo Zuk Z1
Lenovo’s online exclusive brand Zuk is all set to launch its new smartphone, Zuk Z1 in the month of May. Zuk recently launched Z2 in China. The Zuk Z1 has a 5.5″ dispaly, Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB RAM and 64GB of onboard storage. It comes with 13MP and 8MP optics.
- 5.5″ Full HD IPS display
- 2.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor and Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with ZUI
- Dual SIM(nano)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor, OIS, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, OmniVision sensor
- 4100mAh battery
- Fingerprint scanner
- Thickness: 8.9 mm; Weight: 175 g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 (2.4/5 GHz), BT 4.1, GPS/GLONASS, Type-C
The device is expected to launch for price tag of anywhere between 18-20k in India.
Do let us know which smartphone are you most excited about in the comments section below or tweet to us. Stay tuned for exact launch date, price and more news of all smartphones and follow us on twitter for updates.