It’s obvious that Selfie craze will never end and to match up the requirements, smartphone makers are doing everything possible to please the selfie lovers. Be it a 20MP front camera with Moonlight flash by Vivo or the OIS front-facing camera on the HTC 10. There are a plethora of options available for people who want to buy a selfie camera smartphone. So, here is our list of Top 5 selfie smartphones from the year 2016.
The recently launched Vivo V5 houses a 20 megapixel Front facing the camera with IMX 376 sensor, 1/2.78″ Sensor, f/2.0 aperture, and 5P lens. The front camera is accompanied by front flash + front light fill + screen flash called the “Moonlight Flash” that allows users to take perfect selfies in low lighting conditions. Furthermore, this feature will allow users to capture every frame perfectly without making them grainy, distorted or flooded with hard flash.
The rest of the specs of the device are listed below
- 5.5″ HD display, 2.5D Curved Glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.5Ghz Octacore MediaTek MT6750 processor
- 32GB internal storage with expandable sd card support up to 128GB
- Android 6.0 with FunTouch OS 2.6 Skin
- 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 20 MP front camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 3000mAh battery
- Front Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
It is priced at INR 17,597. Click to buy!
It was the Gionee S6s that pioneered the trend for ‘Selfie Flash’ smartphones in India. The front camera comes with an 8-megapixel sensor with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens. The fingerprint sensor on the device is located on the rear. Gionee S6s runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0 with Amigo 3.2 UI. It comes with a 3150mAh battery built in.
Gionee S6s Specs
- 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6753 Processor(Octa-Core) and Mali T-720 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Flash memory plus expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo 3.2 UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 13MP camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor
- 8MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- 3150mAh built-in battery
- Rear Fingerprint sensor
- Thickness: 8.27mm
This smartphone is priced at INR 15,738. Click to buy!
F series from Oppo is known for Photography (mostly selfie), there is a 16MP front-facing camera with Beautify 4.0, which offers several beautify levels, 2 skin tone modes and Selfie Panorama feature. Also, Oppo has now upgraded Screen Flash function so that they can adjust to the outdoor surroundings.
- 5″ HD IPS display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Mediatek MT6750 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB ROM + sd card support up to 128 GB
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 16MP front camera with Beautify 4.0 and screen flash
- 3075mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Fingerprint sensor, 4G VoLTE, USB 2.0
It is priced at INR 16,990. Click to buy!
The flagship from HTC, HTC 10 comes with 5MP front camera with autofocus, a f/1.8 aperture with an ultra wide-angle lens, Live Makeup, Auto-HDR. The best part of this camera is that it comes with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) resulting in great selfies.
Finally, the flagship from OnePlus makes into our list, it comes with a 16-megapixel front camera with Samsung 3P8SP Sensor, compared to 8 on the OnePlus 3. It can take really good pictures from the front camera. Also, rest of the specs of the device is to notch and offers great value for money.
OnePlus 3T Specs
- 5.5″ Full HD Optic AMOLED Display with 401 ppi and Gorilla Glass 4 Protection
- Snapdragon 821 Processor and Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB DDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128 UFS 2.0 internal storage with no support to Micro sd card
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 On top of Oxygen OS
- 16MP Sony IMX 298 sensor in the rear camera with OIS, PDFA, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12micron pixel and support for 4k recording, Slow motion video at 120fps in 720p
- 16MP facing camera Samsung 3P8SP Sensor
- 3400mAh battery with Dash Charge feature
- NFC, 4G LTE, Fingerprint sensor, GPS,Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB type C
- Thickness: 7.35mm and Weight: 158g
These were the Top 5 Selfie camera smartphones of the year. Let us know which one would you choose in the comment section below. Follow us on twitter for more news and updates.