LG has unveiled its latest flagship smartphone in the G series, this time the phone is called LG G7 ThinQ for some reason, instead of LG G7. This is not the first time we’re seeing the ThinQ branding, we’ve seen this on previously on LG V30S ThinQ, which was announced at MWC 2018. The Lg G7 ThinQ comes with Artificial Intelligence(AI) and will also sport a notch up front, the first from LG.
Coming to the specifications, the LG G7 ThinQ comes with a 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright Display (3120 x 1440) with a notch. There is also an option to hide the notch in the settings along with few notch customization options. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and is coupled with Adreno 630 GPU. The device comes with a 4GB RAM/64GB storage and the LG G7+ ThinQ comes with 6GB RAM128GB storage with microSD card support up to 2TB. It runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with a proprietary LG layer of skin called LG UX. The fingerprint scanner is placed at the rear of the device. It comes with 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging support. In the camera department, it comes with a dual camera set up, a 16MP sensor with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens and a secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash. There is an 8MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens. The AI CAM now offers 19 shooting modes, up from eight, for even more intelligence-optimized shots. And users can improve their photos further by choosing among three other effect options if the one recommended by AI CAM doesn’t suit their tastes. Live Photo mode records one second before and after the shutter is pressed for snippets of unexpected moments or expressions that would normally be missed. Stickers uses face recognition to generate fun 2D and 3D overlays such as sunglasses and headbands that can be viewed directly on the display.
Also, this is the first smartphone to come with a dedicated Google Assistant button. Other features of the device include Face Recognition, IP68 Water, and dust resistant, MIL-STD 810G certified, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C.
LG G7 ThinQ/ G7 + ThinQ Specs
- 6.1-inch display ((3120 x 1440 pixels) FullVision SuperBright display, 564 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 19.5:9 aspect ratio with a notch
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.0 internal memory, microSD card support up to 2TB
- 16MP+16MP rear camera, with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens and a secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens.
- Android 8.0 Oreo with LG UX
- 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
- Thickness: 7.9mm and Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear, Face unlock, Google Assistant button
- IP68 Water and dust resistant, MIL-STD 810G certified, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
The smartphones come in New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue and Raspberry Rose colors, It will launch in Korea in March and will be available in the US and Europe. No word on the pricing yet. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.