Are you fretting about what to gift your daddy dearest this Father’s Day? Well worry not, we are here for your rescue! Don’t worry if your father is not a geek, these tech gifts will only make his life easier –
- Google Home/Home Mini – What’s better than gifting your daddy a 24/7 virtual assistant that can help with notes, recipes, calendar, music, stats, facts, conversions, jokes and what not. Yes, you can gift him the power of Google right in his living room or office and that too powered by voice. All he has to do is say “Hey Google or Ok Google” to get started. Not only do they help dad unwind after a hard day’s work, they can help him carry out some of the household planning, in a matter of seconds. The devices are AI enabled and utilize latest in technology to help sort through the clutter of daily routine, right from getting daily news to the route plan for his commute to work. Here is how it works – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqr4xUJHccIGoogle Home and Google Home Mini are available for purchase online exclusively on Flipkart, and in over 750 retail stores across the country including Reliance Digital, Croma, Bajaj Electronics, Vijay Sales, Sangeetha, and Poorvika and are priced at INR 9,999 and INR 4,599 respectively.
- Fitbit – Fitbit as an ecosystem has changed my lifestyle completely. This Father’s day appreciates the love and care your father has forever showered you with Fitbit wearables – Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Charge 2 which will help him keep a check on his daily health and wellness activities while motivating him to stay fit. From beginners to experienced athletes, Fitbit Ionic is the most advanced device that offers personal and actionable guidance to motivate you to reach your goals, while keeping you connected with apps and notifications. Ionic builds on Fitbit’s health and fitness expertise with a new relative SpO2 sensor, making it possible to track deeper health insights like sleep apnea in the future, industry-leading GPS tracking, on-device dynamic workouts, improved heart rate tracking, and water resistance up to 50 meters. Plus, smart features like contactless payments, onboard music, smart notifications, and a variety of popular apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery. Ionic also has all the core features from Fitbit like up to 5 days of battery life, automatic activity and sleep tracking, and cross-platform compatibility, making it the idle option for your father. Priced at INR 20,500 for Ionic, INR 18,000 for Versa and INR 12,200 for Charge 2
- Lenovo Yoga Book – A few years ago, I would have only suggested the Apple iPad as a must-have device to consume media and do some work. But not anymore, the Lenovo YogaBook is everything that Apple iPad can strive to be.
With the Yoga Book your dad will be able to write in ink on paper with the Real Pen, and let the Yoga Book seamlessly digitize your notes. Edit, organize, merge, and share your notes in a second. He can use the included Book Pad clipboard to magnetize your papers and easily keep them in place. Now he will never lose track of your ideas and inspirations. The easy-to-use Halo keyboard shows up on demand—only when you need it. The software-optimized keyboard auto-completes and auto-corrects as you type—letting you work quickly and accurately. Bring your keyboard with you anywhere without feeling the weight. Weighing under 700 grammes, there is nothing so light yet so powerful. Priced at INR ₹ 36,200/-
- Thomson Smart TV – If you really want to make your dad’s life simpler then a smart TV is a must-have for his room. There are many smart tvs available in the market but as we recently tested the most value for money smart tv – Thomson, we would like to recommend the same. It will help your dad watch his favourite series on Netflix, watch YouTube videos and do much more. Priced at INR 27,999/-
- Sennheiser PXC 550 – The Sennheiser PCX 550 is the ideal choice, in that regard. A smart travel companion, these new headphones by the audio specialist are designed for the discerning business traveller. If your father loves to travel or his work makes him move around a lot, the PXC 550 is a great bet as it delivers a long-haul performance for travellers seeking the ultimate experience. It delivers Sennheiser’s renowned high-quality sound and up to 30 hours of battery performance in a sleek wireless headphone. They can automatically pause music and calls when the headphones are taken off. Living up to the expectations and requirements of business travellers and ensuring a worthwhile experience, the PXC 550 Wireless headphones anticipate the user’s every need, letting them travel in supreme wireless comfort and free from distractions. Priced at INR 29,990/-
- Saregama Caravaan – There are very slim chances that your dad won’t love this one. Last October, I gifted my dad the Caravaan on his birthday and he is still ecstatic about it. With close to 5,000 old Hindi movie songs from legendary artists like Lata Mangeshkar to Mohammed Rafi and Kishore Kumar. Carvaan is like a radio, only one does not need to go online to listen to songs. One can choose songs based on mood or even categories like spiritual, Sufi, Film Instrumental or Hindustani Classical. The Saregama Carvaan also stores ‘Geetmala ki Chaon Mein’, a journey of Bollywood songs from 1952 to 2000, complete in 50 volumes, narrated by Ameen Sayani. Priced at INR 5,999.
- Netflix Subscription – If you are dad loves watching Documentaries or Original content then there is nothing better than Netflix. Be it The Crown or the House of Cards, your dad is going to love it. Also, no advertisements ever! Netflix has been there since 1997 in the US and till date, no advert has ever aired on the platform. And it’s not just your dad but anyone in the family can create a profile under his account and binge watch. Not to forget it is multi-platform so whether it’s his YogaBook, Smartphone or Smart TV he can watch it anytime, anywhere :)Lastly, it’s incredible value for money starting at only INR 500/month.
- The Logitech K375s – He travels across the globe for his business so that we don’t face any problem in our lives. He makes sure that we live the best life in the world. It’s time to gift your Dad, K 375s which can help him connect multiple devices like smartphone, laptop etc. at the same time. The device can help him type long documents, switch between apps, read the news and browse through social media posts, hence making life easy for him. Priced at INR 1,995.
- Honeywell Home and Car Air Purifier – This Father’s Day, gift your dad a breath of Fresh Air. Honeywell Air Purifiers can go a long way toward helping your Dad breathe healthier air. Both, Honeywell Home and Car Air Purifiers have a timeless design. The Air Touch S8 Home Air Purifier is Wi-Fi enabled and comes with integrated air quality sensors. This quiet, highly efficient air purifier gives more control over the air quality at home, making it the best for your Dad’s room! With the best technology in it, Honeywell Air Purifiers have an updated digital control panel and convenient LED touch buttons that help your dad to keep track of his air purifier’s operation, Wi-Fi connection and filter status as well as room air quality with indications of PM2.5 and VOC levels. With the Honeywell Air Purifiers, you will get rid of 99.97% of all pollutants and delivers clean air that’s virtually free of allergy and asthma triggers. Priced at INR 33,990 for Air Touch S8 and INR for 7,990/-
- Nokia 3310 – You must be surprised to see a featurephone in the list of all so techie list. Well, the thing is, sometimes we overwhelm our parents with too much technology. Hence, try giving them this cute little phone that lasts 30 days and involves no learning curve for them. They would love the detox from the overdose of tech. It’s priced at INR 3,310/-
So, that was our list of gadgets that you can gift your Dad this father’s day. If you have any other suggestion then please a comment below or tweet to us on @theunbiasedblog