Uber today unveiled the second leg of its recently launched India brand campaign ‘Badhte Chalein’, featuring brand ambassador Virat Kohli. The campaign’s baseline, ‘Badhte Chalein’, is built around the brand’s new positioning that is intended to build Uber as an enabler of movement, that is culturally progressive.
In India, there are over 450,000 use Uber app every day. These driver partners are central to Uber’s success across the country and Uber India is committed to serving them and unlocking opportunities for them to progress in life. The second innings of the newly launched campaign, Badhte Chalein, reiterates the role that Uber plays in creating entrepreneurship opportunities i.e. a new way of working that leads to economic freedom, increasing productivity and financial inclusion for thousands of driver partners in India.With multiple ad-sets targeted at different groups–the existing driver partner community and potential driver partners–this leg of the campaign will feature Virat Kohli as a coach for the Uber driver partner community, motivating them to maximize their potential and become star performers
- Existing driver partners who drive using the Uber platform. The community will be able to view the campaign on Uber’s extensive internal channels including, in-app messages and videos, digital landing pages, and Green Light Centres across the country. Furthermore, an extensive post-launch campaign is being curated, including engagement activities with the existing driver partner community
- Potential driver partners who are looking to use the Uber App to become entrepreneurs will be exposed to a shorter version of this campaign that will roll out across ATL channels (print, TV, radio, OOH)
Narrated by Virat, the concept of this brand film aims to highlight experiences encountered by drivers daily while behind the wheels of an Uber, thus acknowledging behavioral traits of a driver partner that leads to a six-star service. To establish this connection between the distinctive driver partner profiles as a star cricket team composition, the ad film – ‘Virat’s XI’ will delve deeper into how an ideal team comprises of different types of driver partners who bat for Uber as the opening batsman, wicket keepers, all-rounders, and bowlers. To bring alive Uber’s dream team on-screen, real-life driver partners are featured in the campaign.
|Player type||Qualities/ Personality traits|
|Opening batsmen||– Disciplined
– Starts their day early
– Drives during morning peak hours
|Middle order||– Dependable/Reliable
– Follows navigation
– Content, satisfied, happy family
|Wicket keeper||– Happy/Satisfied
– Does not cancel rides
|All rounder||– Does not lose his calm
– Handles all situations coolly
– Level headed
|Fast bowlers||– High rating
– Provides high quality of service
Uber’s India’s brand ambassador Virat Kohli said, “I was super thrilled to meet with these driver partners who work day and night behind the wheel in order to get India moving. This group was truly an interesting blend of people, beyond boundaries, age, gender and religion and the enthusiasm amongst them was infectious. Working with them on a campaign that is aimed at inspiring India move forward in every sense–with cricket as a premise–was an enriching experience. I am happy to be a partner to a company that has committed to keep India moving, not only in its functional sense, but through its progressive and winning values as well.”
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.