In the past few days, we have seen Samsung announcing their Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei unveiling their Mate X foldable smartphone. While both of them are priced over $1900 mark, Nubia has announced a new smartphone-smartwatch hybrid at the MWC 2019 a flexible OLED display and Snapdragon Wear chipset. The prototype of Alpha was showcased during the IFA 2018.
The Nubia Alpha is a flexible display strap with a 4-inch flexible OLED display which can be used just as a smartwatch on your wrist. However, the basic idea of this device is to use the 4-inch OLED display as a full-fledged smartphone with all the shortcuts and functions that the Nubia’s custom OS has to offer. Nubia claims this display to be the world’s first wearable smartphone with a flexible display. Under the hood, it is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB storage. It is packed with a 500mAH battery with up to up to 2 days of battery. Also, the device comes with a 5MP camera, f/2.2 aperture, and 82-degree wide angle. The custom OS by Nubia comes with Air Motion Gesture and several UI shortcuts. Other features include e-SIM, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Built-in speaker, and microphone. The Nubia also comes with a Heart Rate Sensor. Nubia Alpha Specifications
- 4-inch flexible OLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB storage
- 5MP camera, f/2.2 aperture, 82-degree FoV
- 500mAH battery
- Custom OS with several UI shortcuts
- e-SIM, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- Colors: Black and Gold
Pricing and Availability
- Nubia Alpha is priced at €449 (INR 36,307 approx.) for the normal standard version, Wi-Fi only.
- Nubia Alpha is priced at €549 (INR 44,390 approx.) for the 4G e-SIM version + Wi-Fi only.
- Nubia Alpha is priced at €649 (INR 52,476 approx.)for the 4G e-SIM Gold version.
Nubia Alpha will go on sale in China in April and will be available in the European market soon after. It will go on sale in the US market later in Q4 2019. For more news and latest updates from the floors of MWC 2019, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.