Xiaomi India has launched a new budget smartphone in India today, the Redmi 8. The Redmi 8 is more like an upgraded version of the recently launched Redmi 8A. It comes with a fingerprint scanner, dual rear cameras, IR Blaster, P2i Splash protection nano-coating, and much more. Also, at the launch, Xiaomi India confirmed that the Redmi Note 8 Series will be launching in India on October 16th.
The Redmi 8 comes with a new Aura Mirror design that gives a better grip. The device comes in three color options – Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Emerald Green, and Onyx Black. Diving into the specifications, the Redmi 8 flaunts a 6.22-inch (1520× 720 pixels) HD+ IPS display with a dew-drop notch(dot display) protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 processor clocked at 2GHz, Adreno 505 GPU. It comes in two variants – 3+32GB and 4+64GB with microSD card support up to 512GB. The device also comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and Face unlock support. To power all the internals, the Redmi 8 is packed with a massive 5000mAH battery with Type-C port and supports 18W fast charging(10W in-box).
In the camera department, the Xiaomi Redmi 8 comes with 12MP+2MP AI dual rear camera setup with the primary 12MP shooter being a Sony IMX 363 sensor and a 2MP depth sensor LED flash, AI Portrait mode, AI Scene detection. There is an 8MP front-facing camera with AI Portrait support. The device is running on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie. Other features of the device include 3.5mm audio jack, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wireless FM, IR blaster, Bluetooth, and Splash-proof nano-coating.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 Specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520× 720 pixels) HD+ display, Gorilla Glass 5
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 processor, Adreno 505 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 512GB
- 12MP( Sony IMX363, f/1.8) + 2MP AI dual rear camera with, LED flash
- 8MP AI front-facing camera, Beautify
- MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Rear fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 5000mAH battery, 18W fast charging, USB Type-C
- IR Blaster
- P2i Splash protection nano-coating
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Emerald Green, and Onyx Black
Pricing and Availability
- Xiaomi Redmi 8 – 3+32GB – INR 7,999
- Xiaomi Redmi 8 – 4+64GB – INR 8,999 (INR 7,999 for first 5Million units)