An email has become a common method of conversation for people; users use it for sending attachments such as documents, images, and more. However, In the modern world, there’s a potential risk of hackers getting into our email providers’ accounts and thereby accessing our private data. Gmail is one of the biggest email service providers over the globe is used by millions of people regularly. In this post, I will guide you on how you can secure your Gmail account using Two Factor Authorization.
Multi-factor authentication is an electronic authentication method in which a computer user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism
How to Enable Two-Factor Authorization for Gmail
Enabling Two Factor Authorization for Gmail is the same as enabling two-factor authorization for your entire Google account. Here’s how to do so:
- Navigate to your Google Account at myaccount.google.com on your PC or smartphone.
- Find and move to the Security tab
- Scroll down, find and select 2-Step Verification.
- Here, choose to Get Started and follow the instructions casted on the screen.
- Enter your Google account password and click Try it Now
- It will ask you to add your phone number if you haven’t till date. Additionally, it has to be verified using an OTP.
- Next, click Turn on, and you’re good to go.
Additionally, Google also allows its users to set it up using Google’s Authenticator application. Here’s how to do so:
- Navigate to your Google Account at myaccount.google.com on your PC or smartphone
- Find and select Security Preferences.
- Choose whether you’re an iPhone or Android user and scan the QR code from the Authenticator application
- Click Verify and you’re good to go.
With that said, do you have two-factor authorization turned on in all your accounts? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.