Poco has finally made a comeback to the smartphone market after more than a year. Today, the company Poco X2, a new smartphone with a 120Hz refresh rate, quad camera, quick charging, dual rear camera and much more. The Poco X2 is a mid-range smartphone and we expect the Poco F1 successor(Poco F2) to be announced later this year. Also, Poco is now an independent brand in India, which was made clear last month.
Display and Performance
Coming to the display, the Poco X2 features a 6.67-inch LCD panel with a 120Hz refresh rate, and Corning Gorilla 5 Protection. As you can notice, the key highlight of the smartphone is the 120Hz display, which is currently seen only(In India) on the RoG Phone 2 which is priced way higher than the Poco X2. With the 120Hz refresh rate, you can notice the buttery smooth and lag-free scrolling. Powered by an 8mm Octa-core Snapdragon 730G SoC and Adreno 618 GPU, the Poco X2 comes in three variants – 6+64GB, 6+128GB, and 8+256GB with microSD card slot(hybrid slot).
Battery and Software
The device is backed by a 4500mAH battery with 27W fast charging capability via Type-C port. It is running Miui 11 which is based on the latest Android 10.
Another highlight of the device is the camera. Overall, the device comes with 6 cameras. Over at the rear, there is a 64MP Sony IMX 686 sensor with f/1.89 aperture, an 8MP 120-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.2, 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro. There is a 20MP+2MP dual front-facing camera for selfies and video calls. The rear camera supports RAW capture, up to 960fps slow-mo
The Poco X2 comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and also supports face unlock. Also, since it is also a gaming phone, it comes with a copper tube liquid cooling system. Other features include 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hybrid slot, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, GPS, GLONASS. Finally, the device is also P2i splashproof rating.
Poco X2 Specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+(2400 x 1080p) display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla 5 Protection
- 2.2GHz 8nm Octa-core Snapdragon 730G SoC, Adreno 618 GPU
- 6/8GB DDR4 RAM
- 64/128/256GB UFS 2.1 Storage, microSD card slot
- 64MP (Sony IMX 686, f/1.89)+8MP (120-degree Wide-angle, f/2.2)+2MP (Depth)+2MP (2cm,Marco) Quad Rear Cameras with LED flash
- 20MP+2MP dual front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- MIUI 11, Android 10
- 4500mAH battery, 27W fast charging, Type-C port
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Hybrid slot, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, GPS, GLONASS
- Liquid cooling with copper tube
- P2i splashproof
- Thickness: 8.8mm and Weight: 208g
- Colors: Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red
Pricing and Availability
- 6+64GB – INR 15,999
- 6+128GB – INR 16,999
- 8+256GB – INR 19,999
The Poco X2 will be available from February 11th, 12 noon on Flipkart.
INR 1,000 instant discount with ICICI Credit/Debit cards and EMI transaction.