A month after the launch of the Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20, Samsung today unveiled the Galaxy M30 in India. Samsung’s M series is an online exclusive line-up to take on the likes of smartphone makers like Xiaomi, Asus, Realme, etc. Samsung has had success with the M10 and M20 over the last few weeks and with the launch of the M30, Samsung aims to capture more market in the sub INR 20,000 segment.
The Samsung Galaxy M30 features a 6.4-inch FHD+ (2340 x 1080p) infinity-U display, it is powered by an Octa-core in-house Exynos 7904 14mm processor with Mali-G71 MP2 GPU. It comes in 2 variants – 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and 6GB RAM with 128GB storage with micro SD card support up to 512GB. The phone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo on top of Samsung Experience 9.5 and packs in a massive 5000mAHbattery with support for the 15W quick charge via USB Type-C port. Further, the M30 features a similar 13MP+5MP+5MP triple rear camera set-up with the primary 13MP being an f/1.9 lens, the secondary 5MP with an f/1.9 aperture live focus, and the other 5MP with a 123-degree wide angle lens. Over at the front, there is a 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture. It comes with a rear fingerprint scanner as well as face unlock feature. Also, the M30 comes with dual SIM VoLTE support and Widevine L1 certification for seamless streaming of HD content through popular apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.
Samsung Galaxy M30 Specifications
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ super AMOLED Infinity-U 19.5:9 display
- 1.8GHz Octa-core Exynos 7904 processor, Mali G71-MP2 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable up to 512GB
- 13MP(f/1.9)+5MP(f/2.2)+5MP(123-degree) triple rear cameras with LED flash
- 16MP front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 5000mAH battery, 15W fast charging, Type-C port
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Samsung Experience 9.5
- Rear fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Dolby Atmos, 3.5mm audio jack
- Thickness: 8.5mm
- Widevine L1 certification
- Colors: Gradation Blue and Gradation Black
Pricing and Availability
- Samsung Galaxy M30 – 4GB+64GB variant is priced at INR 14,990
- Samsung Galaxy M30 – 6GB+128GB variant is priced at INR 17,990
The Samsung Galaxy M30 will be available on Amazon.in and Samsung.com from March 7, 2019, in Gradation Blue and Gradation Black color options.
What do you guys think of this new M series smartphone from Samsung? Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.